We work hard to offer a well resourced school, children who love to learn, small class sizes, a team of caring staff, a strategic BOT and a genuine, supportive community and Iwi
National Park School began life as Waimarino School on the 3rd of July 1925. The opening of the school was celebrated with a fête, following the opening ceremony conducted by Sir James Gunson of Auckland. Originally the school was housed in a one-roomed wooden building measuring 22foot x 16foot with a corridor running up one side.
Although the school had sufficient room for 30 children, it opened with only 17. The new school was set in five acres of land provided specifically for the purpose and our first teacher was Mrs Haggo.
The school changed its name in 1954 to National Park School when the village of Waimarino became National Park Township.
Over time, the township grew as did the school. At its height in the mid-1980s our School had a role of more than 120. The tamariki of timber workers, prison officers from Waikune and railways staff all added to our growth as a kura.